Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mulching and Martins

So far, I've put down 2 yards of mulch around our house flowers beds and have two more to do in the herb garden. One month to the Mother's Day Open House and the to-do list seems like it will take longer to-do than just one month!  Somehow it all seems to come together. This is just a small section of the herb garden where I gather many of the items that I will use in my wreaths and designs. The beauty of the herbs is that they not only are lovely in floral arrangements, but they smell good, too!




As a bit of a surprise the purple martins arrived a little early this year (see Don's Martin Houses below), which is always an exciting day in our household. For those who are "in the know" it is a bit of a challenge to get martins to your property.  I get to listen to their pretty songs while I work in my herb garden and enjoy their flight patterns as they do their job in lessening our very robust insect population.






No comments:

Post a Comment