Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Grandfriends Day

I had the privilege of going to my granddaughter's second grade class on Monday for Grandfriends day. Each second grader had a grandfriend visit for lunch. We were served a lunch of chicken nuggets, green beans, rolls, chex mix and ice cream for dessert. Her teacher wanted us to bring a spring hat and something that reminded us of spring. Some of the spring things that we saw included baseballs, flowers, a turkey decoy, and a kite. This was a true quintessential country school experience and I am so blessed to be able to live here.
On Tuesday, I spent a large part of the day prepping my herb garden for spring by pulling weeds, which grew quite well with our very mild winter, and pruning off some dead branches of the many old and gnarly lavendar plants I have. New ones might look prettier, but the old twisted ones have character.   One of my fav products are gardening gloves by Foxgloves. I buy a new pair every year, and that's what I took to  Bella's class for my spring item. Here's Bella in my gardens listening to the sound of the ocean. I am able to gather many herbs from my garden and dry them for use in the wreaths that I make and sell. Visit me at www.fireflygardensbypam.etsy.com
      

No comments:

Post a Comment