Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Paperwhites

 
"Nir" Paperwhite Narcissus"
Paperwhite Narcissus bulbs are a Holiday favorite and I plant them every year in honor and memory of my Gram. This year I also have them for sale in bundles of 3 for $5.00 at the Greater Bridgeton Amish Market at Marlboro Market's booth. Come see us! The variety is "Nir" which are very large with wonderful dark brown skins - Perfect for a hostess or teacher gift
 
 
 

 I planted bulbs in some very cool containers with birch branches and grapevine as tents to help hold the stems as they grow. One way to help keep the stems a bit shorter as they grow is to water the bulbs with a mix of one part 70% rubbing alcohol to 10 or 11 parts water. Begin this mix one week after planting them in soil or stones.


 
What to do with your tin cans after the thanksgiving feast.
 
 
 This is the project we did for the Paperwhite Narcissus class that I taught. What a fun night! Everyone's turned out just a bit different & I love that! Thank you to my students for making this such an enjoyable success.

                                                                                    
                             
                            Another creation done at the Market with Kale and Cranberries

It's not too soon to be planning for the Christmas centerpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment